I am currently a postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Warwick in the group of Mark Achtman
In 2016, I obtained my PhD in Bioinformatics working in the Genome Informatics
group at the Faculty of Technology
at Bielefeld University. I was a student in the German-Canadian DFG International Research Training Group DiDy
("Computational Methods for the Analysis of the Diversity and Dynamics of Genomes"). My thesis project was jointly supervised by Jens Stoye
(Bielefeld University, Germany), Roland Wittler
(Bielefeld University, Germany) and Cedric Chauve
(Simon Fraser University, Canada).
My main research interest lies in comparative genomics. During my PhD, I worked on methods integrating ancient DNA sequencing data into comparative assembly approaches.
| Google Scholar
GrapeTree: Visualization of core genomic relationships among 100,000 bacterial pathogens
Zhou Z, Alikhan N, Sergeant M, Luhmann N, Vaz C, Francisco A, Carrico J, Achtman M (2018)
Genome research, 28(9), 1395-1404.
Scaffolding of Ancient Contigs and Ancestral Reconstruction in a Phylogenetic Framework (Journal version)
Luhmann N, Chauve C, Stoye J, Wittler R
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
Accurate Reconstruction of Microbial Strains from Metagenomic Sequencing Using Representative Reference Genomes
Zhou Z, Luhmann N, Alikhan NF, Quince C, Achtman M (2018)
In: Raphael B. (eds) Research in Computational Molecular Biology. RECOMB 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10812. Springer.
Comparative Methods for Reconstructing Ancient Genome Organization
Anselmetti Y, Luhmann N, Bérard S, Tannier E, Chauve C (2018)
In: Comparative Genomics: Methods and Protocols. Setubal JC, Stoye J , Stadler P (Eds); Springer New York: 343-362.
- "Sequenzanalyse - Meilensteine und aktuelle Themeninhalte" (student seminar in sequence analysis) [2015/2016]
- "Algorithmische Implementierung" (programming of bioinformatics algorithms) [2015/2016]
- "Vorlesung Sequenzanalyse" (sequence analysis lecture) [2014/2015]
- "Sequenzanalyse-Praktikum" (sequence analysis practical course) 
- Teaching assistance in Algorithms and Datastructures, Sequence analysis I+II, Basics in computer science, "Vorkurs Informatik" [2010-2013]